Welcome to Tuesday Tips. This week’s question is one I have been asked several times in the last few months. Since it’s such a popular question, I thought it would be a good one to kickstart this series.
Q. Can I pre-schedule a post for my Facebook page?
A. You sure can! There are several third party programs available that allow you to plan out posts in advance for Facebook and numerous other sites. But, if you just want to pre-schedule a post on Facebook, there’s no need to sign up for yet another service. You can do it right in Facebook! Here’s how:
- Go to your Page and start typing the post that you want to schedule.
- Click on the timer/clock icon in the bottom left corner of the post box. (If you hover over it, it says “Schedule or backdate a post”.)
- Select the year, month, day and time when you want your post to be published.
- When you are done and everything is set the way you want, click the “Schedule” button.
- Sit back and relax, knowing your post will go out to your fans at the pre-selected day and time.
This is the debut post for a regular feature series called Tuesday Tips. Every Tuesday, I will answer some of the questions I receive from clients and readers about WordPress, social media and all other things internet. If you have a question you would like me to answer, submit it here.