Celebrating women everywhere
Today marks the beginning of Women’s Self-Empowerment Week. For me, this is a time for self-reflection, as well as appreciation of others.
Personally, I fluctuate between thinking I’m strong, and wondering if I really am. But deep in my heart, I know I have strength. I am a mother and a daughter, a wife and a friend. I am independent, intelligent, and intuitive. I’ll do the rest of my self-reflection on my own, but now I’d like to show my appreciation for other women.
This list is by no means exhaustive, but I’d like to give a shout out to all the strong women I know who:
- choose to stay at home with their children
- dared to try something new, even if it might result in failure
- fight illness with a positive and healthy attitude
- have launched their own business
- know how to change a tire
- struggle with or have overcome depression
- take time for themselves
- teach our children and help them navigate the path to their future
- watch others’ children so they can go to work
- welcome others with open arms and hearts, and a genuine smile
You all inspire me in various ways, and I am glad our paths have crossed in this lifetime.