I am a Front End WordPress Developer, which basically means I build websites and like to play with code. I am not a Graphic Designer, Content Writer or Marketer, but I know awesome people who are!
I care about the job I do and the people I work with. Websites are built with a strong foundation to set you up well for your current needs and future requests you haven’t even thought of yet. I make sure your site is set up with best practices in a variety of areas many other website builders don’t necessarily think of.
Core values include community, knowledge and flexibility.
We are better when we work together. What this means to me:
- Collaborating with clients and other experts to deliver the best possible product
- Volunteering at, speaking at and organizing Meetups and WordCamps
- Mentoring new learners
I was always “the smart kid” at school, and now friends frequently rely on me to know things, or know how to find out. And I love it! I love learning new things, and sharing that knowledge with others (see Community). What this means to me:
- Every project is an opportunity to learn something new
- Problem solving is my idea of fun
Many years ago, I realized that I’m not best in a 9 to 5 job at a company with strict “because we said so” processes. And that was just the start of learning how important flexibility is. Being flexible with how and when I work allows me to give my best and be my best. What this means to me:
- I can honour my wellbeing by sleeping, working and playing at times that work best for me
- Emergencies in life (mine and yours) can and should be accommodated
- Being able to volunteer for causes that matter to me
Some quick facts:
- Purple is my favourite colour
- I love to volunteer in the WordPress community
- My current favourite pastime and self-care activity is colouring…I even started a blog to post my creations!
- I’m a bit of a geek (in all the right ways!)
- Honesty and accountability are incredibly important to me
- Logic and problem solving are my kind of fun
- I have never dyed my hair
As seen/heard on:
Proud to be part of the WordPress Community:
- Calgary Meetup Organizer
- WordCamp Calgary Organizer, Speaker, Volunteer
- WordCamp US Organizer, Volunteer
- WordPress.org Training Contributor